The White Hart, Stepney - pub details
TfL Journey Planner:
Tel: 0871 951 1000 (ref 27068) - calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras
- TV, Big screen, Jukebox
- Pool table, Fruit machines
- Food served, Sunday roast, Real ale
- Outside seating, Disabled toilet
Are you the Licensee? Click here.
other pubs nearby:
Forty Fives / Three Cranes, Spitalfields (0.1 miles), Blind Beggar, Whitechapel (0.1 miles), LHT Urban Bar, Whitechapel (0.1 miles), Carpenters Arms, Stepney (0.2 miles), Grave Maurice, Whitechapel (0.2 miles) - see more nearby pubs
please note - reviews on this site are purely the opinion of site visitors, so don't take them too seriously.
5 most recent reviews of 20 shown - see all reviews
|Having lived in this area all of my life, I've seen too many good pubs fall victim to 'regeneration'. The graduate types that never grew up in the area will never understand that there was once a predominately working class culture in the East End long before they arrived, hence the reason that some young East Enders still exist (the ones that never moved to Essex). It will be a sad day when all of the East End pubs conform to please this new soulless generation, but I'm afraid that will happen one day. |
riskybiz - 30 Apr 2013 12:59
|Well, my gripes previously posted have largely been addressed. Service remains consistently prompt and efficient. |
Should really be a photo of this attractive brick Edwardian building with inside iron pillar supports.
_grobag_ - 11 Mar 2013 16:44
|Decent pub a few mintues walk from Whitechapel station.|
Always has a couple of ales on draught and the Harvey's Best Bitter when it is on is very well kept. On the odd occasion i ventured for something else it was poor.
The price of £2.60 a pint is excellent for London and especially this area, but as per a previous comment there is a lot of wasted space inside.
Tables and chairs outside that are used as a smoking area and sometimes can be a bit "chavvy" due to the people passing by.
Worth a look though.
lezford - 15 Nov 2012 14:03
|Mix of good and bad points - overall I think it worthy of encouragement but they need to decide who is their market and spend a very little money on improving appearances (mainly cosmetic) to attract it.|
1. Comments about one or two (cask) beers being off - a drinking buddy of mine said his was off. I didn't notice but my sense of smell and taste is sub-par.
2. Toilets: the gents' needs a soap dispenser even if only plastic bottle style. Scalding hot water from tap. No drier, hand wipes on unmounted cardboard roll and used ones seem to get left on floor rather than in bin. Needs some paint or whitewash to cover up graffiti.
3. Food cooking smells - ventilation needs fixing especially with the eternally pongy pizza.
4. Lot of wasted space to right of stairs at back with low slung lights getting in the way, they should be removed. At front to right, lots of furniture and other junk stacked up.
5. Some quite excellent live big band and jazz on Sunday evenings but while it's playing the pub staff have left the mega-screen tvs on with sound off or very low. Quite a few customers listening to live music but a number seemingly uninterested. Managment need to decide who they are catering for - make the music night music only and have the footie/news or whatever on the screens the rest of the time? The present mix doesn't work but could easily be fixed.
6. Cask ales on at gbp2.60/pint and overall mine have been fine when I've visited but comments about an occasional off-beer suggest possibility of a glitch with keeping that needs diagnosing and fixing.
7. Good service, attentive and prompt.
Pub is at corner of Mile End Road and Cambridge Heath Road, a convenient 5 mins from Whitechapel Tube/overground.
_grobag_ - 29 Sep 2012 11:57
|Noisy, music and sport led (lots of tellies), but unexpectedly adventurous beer range, well kept. Good mixed crowd on a Sunday eve.|
curioushistory - 8 Apr 2012 19:09
see more reviews